Breakdown of the Student Association’s office renovation expenses

The renovations come after last December’s blizzard damaged the SA’s Student Union office

Months after its office flooded during last December’s extreme blizzard, the UB Student Association (SA) is spending thousands of dollars on office repairs.

Some of SA’s renovation spending consisted of patching up drywall and replacing damaged office supplies, as well as other miscellaneous expenses that are spelled out in its general ledger.

According to its ledger, SA spent over $4,000 on “additional IT items needed after office renovations” in August. That expenditure included funds for a “new media marketing laptop.” 

The SA spent  $1,000 on an “office renovation” labeled as “Outlet is 350 E” and another $1,470 on door wraps for its office entrances.

The last item listed in August regarding renovations was spare USB-C chargers for staff laptops, which cost another $200.

In September, SA spent $500 on mounting televisions in the Media Marketing office. Some other necessities they spent money on include patchwork on small holes in their office’s drywall and small paint chips, which cost $1,370.

New organizers and office decorations only accounted for $88.39.

Lastly, in October, SA spent $249 on a shelf for more office storage.

The Student Association declined to comment.

Kayla Estrada is a senior news editor and can be reached at kayla.estrada@ubspectrum.com 

KAYLA ESTRADA
IMG_5050 (2).jpg

Kayla Estrada is the opinion editor at The Spectrum. She is an English major who enjoys rainy weather, “Bob’s Burgers” and asking people who they voted for. When she’s not writing, she can be found hunting for odd-looking knick-knacks at the nearest thrift store.