Coi Leray replaced by Sheck Wes in Spring Fest lineup

The “Players” rapper drops out of Spring Fest 2023 due to injury

<p>Sheck Wes, seen here performing at Openair Frauenfeld in 2019, is best known for his 2017 sleeper hit “Mo Bamba.”&nbsp;</p>

Sheck Wes, seen here performing at Openair Frauenfeld in 2019, is best known for his 2017 sleeper hit “Mo Bamba.” 

Coi Leray is out, Sheck Wes is in. 

The Student Association announced in an email Thursday that “Pretty Girls Walk” featured singer and rapper Coi Leray will no longer be performing at Spring Fest 2023 due to an injury. 

Coi Leray will be replaced in the Spring Fest lineup by Sheck Wes, known for tracks such as “Mo Bamba,” and “GANG GANG.” 

Some students expressed disappointment at the sudden change.

Violet Saunders, a freshman psychology major, lamented not being able to hear tracks like “Players” live on Friday. 

“Who’s replacing her again?” Saunders said. “We need someone that’s for the girls at Spring Fest. Hopefully before Friday, she just miraculously recovers.”

At the same time, most students were understanding of Coi Leray’s justification for pulling out. 

“She got injured though,” Evan Diligent, a freshman media study major, said. “I wish her a speedy recovery.” 

“You can’t really blame her if she’s injured,” Francesca Battista, a junior electrical engineering major, said. “She needs to do what’s best for her self-care.”

The new lineup for Spring Fest will feature opener DJ Drewski, followed by G Premacy, Sheck Wes, Cordae and closer Lil Yachty. The concert will begin at 7 p.m. in Alumni Arena. Doors open at 6 p.m.

Alex Novak is an arts editor and can be reached at alex.novak@ubspectrum.com   

ALEX NOVAK

Alex Novak is a senior arts editor at The Spectrum