Paul&Pang re-elected to Student Association e-board

Becky Paul-Odionhin (president), Sammi Pang (vice president) and Unnati Agarwal (treasurer) win UB Student Association elections

<p>Becky Paul-Odionhin (right) and Sammi Pang (left) won re-election for SA president and vice president Friday.</p>

Becky Paul-Odionhin (right) and Sammi Pang (left) won re-election for SA president and vice president Friday.

Incumbent Student Association President Becky Paul-Odionhin and incumbent SA Vice President Sammi Pang won re-election after the five-day e-board race ended on Friday. The duo won the 2021-2022 SA e-board election after close races with their opponents.

Paul-Odionhin and Pang ran together on the “Paul&Pang” ballot. Their platform included  strengthening communication with clubs and incorporating mandatory e-board training before the next school year. 

Paul-Odionhin, a junior industrial engineering major, garnered 707 votes, (49.54%) to win the presidency. Astha Pandey, a junior philosophy, politics, and economics (PPE) major finished second with 588 votes (41.2%). Abhi Ramtel, a freshman computer science major, garnered 85 votes (5.95%), landing him in third place.

Pang, a junior business administration major, won the position of vice president with 718 votes (50.35%). Thomas Dias, a junior PPE major, finished second with 628 votes (44.03%).

Unnati Agarwal, a junior biomedical engineering major, was also elected to the SA treasurer position after running unopposed. 

Agarwal’s platform is to address clubs’ financial concerns, including delayed program approvals, and increase fundraising efforts and collaboration.

Agarwal received 1021 votes (72.87%) with 380 (27.12%) votes of no confidence. 

All undergraduate students were eligible to vote through the SA’s website. The polls closed at 4 p.m. Friday. 

The SA e-board is tasked with “overseeing and enforcing the SA by-laws and serving as the leading advocates for the undergraduate student body,” according to SA’s website.

The SA Senate, which includes the recently elected e-board members, is responsible for the allocation of the SA budget and the recognition/derecognition of SA clubs. The Senate determines the annual 4.5 million budgetary allocations for clubs based on recommendations by the Board of Directors Finance Committee.

Each e-board member will collect a stipend of $15,750.

Victoria Hill is the Senior News Editor and can be reached at victoria.hill@ubspectrum.com 

Kiana Hodge is a news desk editor and can be reached at Kiana.hodge@ubspectrum.com