Women’s basketball promotes Erin Sinnott to assistant coach

Sinnott gets promoted following the departures of Candyce Wheeler and Asia Dozier

<p>Sinnott originally came to UB after interning at the University of Minnesota during the 2021-2022 season.</p>

Sinnott originally came to UB after interning at the University of Minnesota during the 2021-2022 season.

Women’s basketball director of recruiting and basketball operations Erin Sinnott has been promoted to assistant coach, according to a UB press release.

Sinnott originally came to UB after interning at the University of Minnesota during the 2021-2022 season, having previously worked at Southern Illinois as an assistant for the marketing department.

Sinnott’s move follows the departures of assistants Candyce Wheeler and Asia Dozier, who will not return to the team next season. UB went 12-16 last season, ultimately losing to Toledo in the first round of the Mid-American Conference Tournament.

Sinnott played Division-II basketball at Daemen University from 2017-2019, totaling 119 points and 14 steals over the course of her career. Prior to Daemen, Sinnot played at the University of Evansville, a Division-I program located in Indiana. 

Before college, she scored over 1,000 career points and led Oswego High School to two regional championships.

Sinnot will join assistant Wyatt Foust on the Bulls’ bench as head coach Becky Burke must fill multiple remaining vacancies on her staff.

The sports desk can be reached at sports@ubspectrum.com