Conservative pundit addresses ‘lying’ media coverage of CPAC speech

Michael Knowles had previously called for the “eradication” of “transgenderism,” says comments aren’t “genocidal”

<p>Knowles was greeted with a standing ovation and thunderous applause by the audience. &nbsp;&nbsp;</p>

Knowles was greeted with a standing ovation and thunderous applause by the audience.   

Daily Wire host Michael Knowles spoke on Thursday evening in Slee Hall at the invitation of UB’s Young Americans for Freedom chapter.

Knowles’ speech addressed what he sees as the detriment of feminism to the well-being of society and said his previous remarks calling for “transgenderism” to be “eradicated from public life” shouldn’t be misconstrued. 

Knowles was greeted with a standing ovation and thunderous applause by the audience.  The auditorium had reached full capacity, leaving some who waited in line unable to attend the event. 

As Knowles began to speak, he was interrupted by two protestors in the audience chanting “trans lives matter” and “f— fascists.”  

Security personnel removed the protestors from the audience shortly after they began chanting, with audience members applauding their removal. Neither individual was charged, according to a statement from the university.

Knowles stated that media outlets accusing him of genocide had misconstrued remarks and that he had “criticized the ideology of transgenderism,” adding that “the problem with transgenderism is that it isn’t true.” 

“When one calls to eradicate cancer, one is not suggesting that we ought to murder the cancer patients,” Knowles said.  

The conservative commentator stated that it “puts forward a delusional vision of human nature” of complementarity. 

“Its acceptance at any level necessarily entails the complete destruction of women’s bathrooms and women’s sports, all the specific rights that women currently have for themselves.” 

Knowles argued that “transgenderism should be eradicated from public life” for “the good of society,” and was a matter of improving people’s “mental health” through therapy.

Knowles further commented on feminism, dubbing it an “illogic.” He stated that that “gender idealogue” focuses on their “new jargon,” “preposterous terms” and “incorrect pronouns.” 

Knowles stated that it is not possible to remain neutral on this issue as “such an attitude can only result in defeat.” 

“Every society must hold certain things to be true,” Knowles said. “Will women be free to have their own rights and spaces or will sexually confused men be free to use the bathroom of their choice?” 

Following his speech, Knowles participated in a Q&A session. The event ended with cheering, a standing ovation and applause from the audience.

Ruth Saviano, a junior English and history major, was an attendee of the event who said she was interested in seeing what Knowles had to say about feminism. Saviano appreciated Knowles’ speech.  

“We have separate roles, men and women, and so by making men and women equal, I feel like women have been eradicated in a lot of ways,” she said. 

Suha Chowdhury is an assistant news editor and can be reached at suha.chowdhury@ubspectrum.com