Shenseea and Lunay to headline first Spring Fest small show

Popular performers will take the stage next Saturday

Audience members sway to the music during Spring Fest 2019.

Lunay and Shenseea will headline the Student Association’s first Spring Fest small show, according to a Friday post on the SA’s Instagram account.

The two popular performers will take the stage next Saturday for what SA is dubbing “Island Fest.” It is unclear how students can obtain tickets, where the performances will be held or what time the show will begin Saturday.

Chinsea Linda Lee, known professionally as Shenseea, is a popular Jamaican dancehall performer with more than 5.4 million Instagram followers and roughly 3 million monthly Spotify listeners. Her January song, “Lick,” features Megan Thee Stallion and is one of 14 tracks on her new album, “ALPHA.”

Shenseea was nominated for a Grammy in 2022 for her collaborations on Kanye West’s “Donda.”

Jefnier Osorio Moreno, known professionally as Lunay, is a Puerto Rican singer/rapper who became popular through the Latin and reggaeton scene. He has 10.2 million Instagram followers and nearly 15 million monthly Spotify listeners. His 2019 album, “Épico,” peaked at No. 79 on the U.S. Billboard 200.

“Island Fest” is expected to be the first of three Spring Fest shows. The remaining shows are expected to include a country or electronic dance music (EDM) performance and a main show that would be a “mixture of genres,” according to a Feb. 15 email to the student body from SA President Nicholas Singh.

In that email, Singh asked students to share their opinions on the genres and performers. Singh said the main show will feature “serious Rap/Trap artists,” but that “we cannot guarantee the attendance of any artist” students ask for.

Saturday’s show will mark the first Spring Fest performance since Spring 2019.

Justin Weiss is the managing editor and can be reached at justin.weiss@ubspectrum.com

JUSTIN WEISS
justin-weiss-headshot.jpg

Justin Weiss is The Spectrum's managing editor. In his free time, he can be found hiking, playing baseball or throwing things at his TV when his sports teams aren't winning. His words have appeared in Elite Sports New York and the Long Island Herald. He can be found on Twitter @Jwmlb1.