UB opens on-campus flu clinics

UB will begin administering the flu vaccine this week to members of the university community

A UB student holds a vaccination syringe. UB is offering the flu vaccine for members of the university community through Nov. 18.

UB is offering the flu vaccine free-of-charge (with insurance, which all students are required to obtain privately or is provided by UB) for members of the university community, the school said in an email. 

Students, faculty and staff can now receive the vaccine on all three UB campuses. No appointments are necessary, but individuals will need to present their UB card upon arrival. The sites will be open through Nov. 18.  

The schedules for the sites are as follows:

North Campus: Tuesdays, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in 10 Talbert Hall

South Campus: Wednesdays, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in 7 Diefendorf Hall

Downtown Campus: Thursdays, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in room 2211 Jacobs School of   Medicine and Biomedical Sciences

Although the flu vaccine isn’t required, public health officials strongly encourage students to get inoculated to protect themselves and others from infection. The flu season typically lasts from October to May.

UB will also be offering COVID-19 vaccines at these three locations.

Dan Eastman is the assistant managing editor and can be reached at danielson.eastman@ubspectrum.com 

DAN EASTMAN
Studio Session-050 (2) (1).jpg

Dan Eastman is the assistant managing editor at The Spectrum. He is a senior geography major who loves Starbucks iced americano. When he isn’t writing and editing he is trying to find the best donut and cookie shops in Buffalo. He can be found on Twitter @TheEastMan2000.