Dominic Johnson selected in fourth round of 2021 CFL Draft

The Edmonton Eskimos obtain the draft rights to Johnson with the 32nd pick in the CFL Draft

UB wide receiver Dominic Johnson was selected No. 32 overall by the Edinboro Eskimos in the 2021 CFL Draft.

The Edmonton Eskimos selected UB wide receiver Dominic Johnson with the 32nd overall pick (fourth round) in the 2021 Canadian Football League (CFL) Draft Tuesday night.

The fifth-year senior is expected to return to UB in 2021, so Edmonton will have the rights to the Bulls’ wide receiver in 2022, after he leaves the Queen City.

Johnson, who made the jump from quarterback to wide receiver in 2019, has 11 catches for 89 yards and a touchdown during his career with the Bulls.

At 6-foot-5, 220 lb., the Windsor, Ontario native is a versatile athlete whose talents aren’t limited to the football field. 

After concluding his freshman season at quarterback, Johnson joined the UB basketball team in 2017. He played in 11 games that year, including NCAA Tournament matchups against Arizona and Kentucky.

Johnson will reunite with former UB offensive lineman Tomas Jack-Kurdyla in Edmonton, after the Eskimos selected Jack-Kurdyla with the 4th overall pick in the 2020 Draft.

Anthony DeCicco is the Senior Sports Editor and can be reached at anthony.decicco@ubspectrum.com and @DeCicco42 on Twitter. 

ANTHONY DECICCO
Studio Session-018 (1).jpg

Anthony DeCicco is the Editor-in-Chief of The Spectrum. His words have appeared in outlets such as SLAM Magazine andSyracuse.com. In 2020, he was awarded First Prize for Sports Column Writing at the Society of Professional Journalists' Region 1 Mark of Excellence Awards. In his free time, he can be found watching ‘90s Knicks games and reading NFL Mock Drafts at 3 a.m.