The independent student publication of The Unversity at Buffalo, since 1950

Jayvon Graves signs with Sports International Group ahead of NBA Draft

Senior guard averaged 14 points and six rebounds in his final season at UB

Senior guard Jayvon Graves drives into the lane during an 81-64 victory over Mercyhurst on Dec. 10.

Less than a month after UB’s season came to an end, Sports International Group, a full-service sports agency, announced the signing of UB senior guard Jayvon Graves.

SIG is known for its representation of women’s basketball players and is home to some of the biggest names in the WNBA, including Candice Parker of the Chicago Sky and Chiney Ogwumike of the Los Angeles Sparks.

Notable NBA SIG clients include Lauri Markkanen of the Chicago Bulls, Alex Len of the Washington Wizards and Svi Mykhailiuk and Justin Robinson of the Oklahoma City Thunder. Two-time NBA Champion Mario Chalmers, who currently plays for Aris Basketball Club of the Greek Basket League, is also signed to SIG.

In his final season at UB, Graves averaged 14.2 points, 6.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game on 40.9% shooting.

After four seasons at Buffalo, the two-time All-MAC selection boasts career averages of 11.1 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.

The Malvern, OH native won the 2017 Ohio State Championship as a senior in high school and led the Bulls to an NIT appearance in 2021. He was also a member of two Mid-American Conference Championships in 2018 and 2019. Graves made two NCAA Tournament appearances as a Bull, including first-round victories against Arizona in 2018 and Arizona State in 2019. 

He ranks eighth on UB’s all-time scoring list and became the third player in program history to record a triple-double in a March 2 victory over Akron.

Graves announced he would be moving onto his “next chapter” in a March 24 tweet, and his signing Wednesday with SIG is the first step to a career in professional basketball, whether it be in the NBA or overseas.

Anthony DeCicco is the senior sports editor and can be reached at anthony.decicco@ubspectrum.com

Support your local paper
Donate Today
The Spectrum has been covering the University at Buffalo since 1950, your donation today could help #SaveStudentNewsrooms. Please consider giving today.

ANTHONY DECICCO
anthony-decicco-1.jpg

Anthony DeCicco is the senior sports editor for The Spectrum. In his free time, he can be found playing video games, watching ‘90s Knicks games and arguing with people on NBA Twitter at 3 a.m.