Men’s basketball game at Eastern Michigan postponed

Eagles return too many positive tests to play, Bulls have tenth cancellation or postponement

UB men's basketball guard Keishawn Brewton prepares to shoot a free throw during a recent game against Ohio University.

For the tenth time this season, men’s basketball will have to cancel or postpone a game due to COVID-19 concerns and contact tracing. UB’s scheduled Tuesday night tilt against Eastern Michigan will be postponed due to “roster issues,” according to the Mid-American Conference.

“The University at Buffalo at Eastern Michigan University men’s basketball game on Tuesday, Feb. 16 has been postponed due to roster issues with the Eastern Michigan men’s basketball team related to positive COVID-19 tests and subsequent contact tracing. Attempts will be made to reschedule this game on a to-be-determined date,” according to a MAC press release.

UB has been forced to cancel games against non-conference foes Gannon (Nov. 25), St. Bonaventure (Dec. 22) and West Virginia (Dec. 29). The Bulls have also been forced to postpone games against MAC rivals Akron (Jan. 1), Northern Illinois (Jan. 23), Central Michigan (Jan. 26 and Feb. 12) and Eastern Michigan (Feb. 16). It is unclear when, or if, these games will be made up.

The Bulls will look to return to action Feb. 19 when they host Toledo at 9 p.m. The game will be aired on ESPN2.  

Hunter Skoczylas is the assistant sports editor and can be reached at hunter.skoczylas@ubspectrum.com

HUNTER SKOCZYLAS

Hunter Skoczylas is the sports editor for The Spectrum. In his free time, he can be found looking up random sports statistics, jamming to Fleetwood Mac and dedicating his Sunday afternoons to watching the Buffalo Bills.