Jaret Patterson meets virtually with multiple NFL teams

Junior running back speaks to Bills, Titans and Patriots, among others

Former UB running back Jaret Patterson met virtually with a half-dozen NFL teams this week.

With the 2021 NFL Draft just two months away, UB running back Jaret Patterson has begun the draft process by meeting virtually with multiple NFL teams. 

According to the Draft Network’s Justin Melo, Patterson has met virtually with the local Bills, as well as the Titans, Chargers, Patriots and Jets. The Chiefs have also reached out to the UB standout, according to Dan Fetes of WHAM-TV.

In a shortened 2020 campaign in which he only played in six games, Patterson rushed for 1,072 yards and 19 touchdowns while averaging 7.6 yards per carry. He was honored as the Mid-American Conference Offensive Player of the Year and was named a Doak Walker Award finalist, which is given to the most prolific running back in the nation. In 2019, Patterson rushed for a school-record 1,799 yards and tallied 19 rushing touchdowns.

Patterson’s draft stock rose following his record-breaking performance against Kent State last season. The Glendale, MD native rushed for a MAC-record 409 rushing yards and tied Howard Griffith’s NCAA record with eight rushing touchdowns against the Golden Flashes.

Patterson was a two-time first-team All-MAC selection in 2019 and 2020. During his three-year career at UB, Patterson amassed 3,884 rushing yards and set a school-record with 52 rushing touchdowns.

As the April 29 draft approaches, more teams may have Patterson on their radar. 

The sports desk can be reached at sports@ubspectrum.com