Tuesday, March 19, 2024

2021 football schedule released

Bulls’ opponents include Coastal Carolina, Nebraska among others

<p>UB's 2021 football schedule was released Friday morning. The Bulls will take on Nebraska and the reigning Sun Belt Conference champions, Coastal Carolina.</p>

UB's 2021 football schedule was released Friday morning. The Bulls will take on Nebraska and the reigning Sun Belt Conference champions, Coastal Carolina.

UB’s 2021 football schedule was released Friday in conjunction with the Mid-American Conference.

UB kicks off the first month of its season against four straight non-conference foes, starting with Wagner on Sept. 4 at UB Stadium. The Bulls then travel to Lincoln, NE to face Nebraska on Sept. 11. UB travels back home to take on the reigning Sun Belt Conference Champion Coastal Carolina on Sept. 18. The Bulls will play the first of three non-conference FBS opponents, when they travel to Old Dominion on Sept. 25.

UB begins conference play against Western Michigan at UB Stadium on Oct. 2 followed by a trip to Kent, OH to take on Kent State on Oct. 9. The Bulls return to action at UB Stadium on Oct.16 to face Ohio. The Bulls will play Akron on Oct. 23 before hosting Bowling Green on Oct.30.

Buffalo looks to end their 2021 campaign strong and will play three-straight games on weeknights. The Bulls travel to face Miami (OH) on Tuesday, Nov. 9 before they host Northern Illinois on Wednesday, Nov. 17. UB ends the season with a rematch of the 2020 MAC Championship when they travel to face Ball State on Tuesday, Nov. 23.

The 25th MAC Football Championship will take place at Ford Field on Saturday, Dec. 4.

The Bulls are returning from a shortened but dominant 6-1 season, where they won a bowl game for the second straight season.

Television platforms and kickoff times haven’t been announced.

The sports desk can be reached at sports@ubspectrum.com