Jaret Patterson wins two awards following historic performance against Kent State

Patterson named MAC East Offensive Player of the Week and Walter Camp National Offensive Player of the Week

<p>Junior running back Jaret Patterson is the second-ranked rusher on CBS Sports' NFL prospect rankings.</p>

Junior running back Jaret Patterson is the second-ranked rusher on CBS Sports' NFL prospect rankings.

For the second consecutive week, and third time in four games this season, junior running back Jaret Patterson was named the MAC East Offensive Player of the Week after UB’s 70-41 win over Kent State. He was also named the Walter Camp Foundation FBS National Offensive Player of the Week. 

Patterson ran for a MAC-record 409 rushing yards and tied the NCAA record with eight rushing touchdowns while averaging 11.4 yards per carry. By halftime, he already had 267 rushing yards and five touchdowns. Patterson’s rushing total was the second-highest in NCAA history. 

After just four games this season, Patterson has 920 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns. His rushing total ranks first in the MAC and fifth in the nation while his touchdown total ranks first in the MAC and is tied for second in the nation. He averages 230 yards rushing per game, which ranks first in the nation. He has played half the amount of the games as the current nation leaders. 

This is the fourth straight week a UB player has been honored by the MAC with junior quarterback Kyle Vantrease winning MAC East Offensive Player of the Week following the game against Miami (OH) and junior linebacker James Patterson winning MAC East Defensive Player of the Week following his performance against Bowling Green. 

Patterson and the Bulls look to continue their undefeated season against Ohio University on Dec. 5 at 3:30 p.m on CBS Sports. 

The sports desk can be reached at sports@ubspectrum.com

HUNTER SKOCZYLAS

Hunter Skoczylas is the sports editor for The Spectrum. In his free time, he can be found looking up random sports statistics, jamming to Fleetwood Mac and dedicating his Sunday afternoons to watching the Buffalo Bills.