UB men’s basketball adds Syracuse to non-conference schedule

Bulls set to play the Orange at Carrier Dome Dec. 19

<p>Jayvon Graves, Antwain Johnson, Brock Bertram and Davonta Jordan having a discussion on the court (left to right).</p>

Jayvon Graves, Antwain Johnson, Brock Bertram and Davonta Jordan having a discussion on the court (left to right).

On Wednesday, UB announced the men’s basketball team will square off against Syracuse at the Carrier Dome on Dec. 19. This will be the third time in four years the Bulls have played Syracuse.

In their most recent meeting in 2018, UB defeated Syracuse 71-59 at the Carrier Dome, snapping an 18-game losing streak to the Orange.

Despite the 2018 UB victory, Syracuse leads the all-time series with a 28-6 record against the Bulls.

With the Bulls already set to play against legendary coaches Rick Pitino of Iona and Bob Huggins of West Virginia, the addition of Syracuse adds a third member of coaching royalty to the schedule.

Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim ranks seventh on the all-time NCAA basketball wins list, coaching the Orange since 1976 with a 964-399 record.

As of Wednesday, the Bulls’ non-conference schedule includes games against Vermont and Iona slated for Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 inside “Bubbleville” at Mohegan Sun, a Dec. 29 matchup against West Virginia in Morgantown and now a Dec. 19 meeting with Syracuse at the Carrier Dome.

Anthony DeCicco is the Senior Sports Editor and can be reached at anthony.decicco@ubspectrum.com and on Twitter @DeCicco42.

ANTHONY DECICCO
Studio Session-018 (1).jpg

Anthony DeCicco is the Editor-in-Chief of The Spectrum. His words have appeared in outlets such as SLAM Magazine andSyracuse.com. In 2020, he was awarded First Prize for Sports Column Writing at the Society of Professional Journalists' Region 1 Mark of Excellence Awards. In his free time, he can be found watching ‘90s Knicks games and reading NFL Mock Drafts at 3 a.m.