Jaret Patterson named MAC Co-Offensive Player of the Week for fourth time

Junior running back continues to impress in third season

<p>UB running back Jaret Patterson takes one to the end zone last season as the Bulls defeated Robert Morris 38-10.</p>

UB running back Jaret Patterson takes one to the end zone last season as the Bulls defeated Robert Morris 38-10.

Junior running back Jaret Patterson picked up right where his 2019 season left off, as he was named Mid-American Conference East Division Co-Offensive Player of the Week Nov. 9. Patterson shared the award with Miami (OH) quarterback A.J. Meyer, who threw three touchdown passes in relief for injured starter Brett Gabbert.

In the Bulls’ Nov. 4 season opener, Patterson carried the ball 20 times for 137 yards and two touchdowns. He started off fast, as he ran for a 5-yard touchdown on the Bulls’ third offensive play of the game. Patterson’s second touchdown was a turning point for UB, taking it 56 yards to the house at the end of the second half. 

Patterson now has 35 career rushing touchdowns, a school record previously held by former NFL running back James Starks. 

The Bulls face off against Miami (OH) Tuesday night on ESPN. With Gabbert still not confirmed fit to play, there’s a chance the two Co-Offensive Players of the Week will face off at UB Stadium. 

The sports desk can be reached at sports@ubspectrum.com

HUNTER SKOCZYLAS

Hunter Skoczylas is the sports editor for The Spectrum. In his free time, he can be found looking up random sports statistics, jamming to Fleetwood Mac and dedicating his Sunday afternoons to watching the Buffalo Bills.