Friday, May 14, 2021
The independent student publication of The Unversity at Buffalo, since 1950

UB Football unveils new locker room to players

Renovated facility includes new lockers, increased shower space and even a barber shop

Amid the postponement of fall sports and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, UB Football was able to put smiles on faces by revealing its new state-of-the-art locker room to players on Friday.

Renovation and construction of the facility began in 2019, with players greatly anticipating the final result.

It’s safe to say they weren’t disappointed.

A Twitter video posted by UB Football captures the players reactions as they see their renovated locker room for the first time.

The new lockers feature a pull-out storage area on top that showcases a graphic displaying a player's name, picture, number, high school and home town on the outside. 

The lockers also include pull-out leather seats with storage space behind it and an area for helmet storage above it. Additional storage space is available under the seat of the chair.

Support your local paper
Donate Today
The Spectrum has been covering the University at Buffalo since 1950, your donation today could help #SaveStudentNewsrooms. Please consider giving today.

The lockers contain even more storage space on the right side. A numbered keypad is featured on this storage area, replacing the combination padlocks they previously had.

A new entrance, increased shower space and even a barber shop are also included in the renovated facility. 

The facility was funded solely through private donations as a result of a fundraising campaign initiated by UB.

Whenever MAC football returns, the 2019 Bahamas Bowl champions will be ready to roll with their state-of-the-art locker room.

Anthony DeCicco is the Senior Sports Editor and can be reached at anthony.decicco@ubspectrum.com and on Twitter @DeCicco42.

ANTHONY DECICCO
anthony-decicco-1.jpg

Anthony DeCicco is the senior sports editor for The Spectrum. In his free time, he can be found playing video games, watching ‘90s Knicks games and arguing with people on NBA Twitter at 3 a.m.