Jaguars sign Chuck Harris to practice squad

Former Bulls defensive end signs professional contract

<p>Senior defensive end Chuck Harris tries to push through the Delaware State offensive line. The Bulls handily beat Delaware State 48-10 last season.</p>

Senior defensive end Chuck Harris tries to push through the Delaware State offensive line. The Bulls handily beat Delaware State 48-10 last season.

Former UB football defensive end Chuck Harris signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad Monday.

Harris was a two-time All-MAC selection. He had 45 total tackles, 6.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in 2018, en route to first-team All-MAC honors. This spring, he signed as an undrafted free agent with the Chicago Bears but was released on final cut day.

Standing at 6’4”, 265 pounds, the 21-year-old played outside linebacker for the Bears’ 3-4 defense. Coaches praised him for his size and speed.

On Oct. 15, Harris was selected in the second round of the front-seven phase of the XFL Draft by the DC Defenders. He was one of five former UB players to be taken in the eight-team draft.

The Bulls now have seven former players on NFL rosters: Bears linebacker Khalil Mack, Buffalo Bills cornerback Cam Lewis, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Demone Harris, Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Anthony Johnson, Cincinnati Bengals tight end Mason Schreck, Atlanta Falcons defensive end Steven Means and the Jaguars’ Harris.

Justin Weiss is an assistant sports editor and can be reached at justin.weiss@ubspectrum.com.

JUSTIN WEISS
justin-weiss-headshot.jpg

Justin Weiss is The Spectrum's managing editor. In his free time, he can be found hiking, playing baseball or throwing things at his TV when his sports teams aren't winning. His words have appeared in Elite Sports New York and the Long Island Herald. He can be found on Twitter @Jwmlb1.