Bulls beat Dartmouth to continue undefeated season

Perkins earns double-double in pivotal non-conference matchup

<p>Junior guard Davonta Jordan dishes the ball to his teammate. The Bulls beat Dartmouth 110-71 Wednesday night, with Jordan finishing with 16 points and 4 assist.</p>

Junior guard Davonta Jordan dishes the ball to his teammate. The Bulls beat Dartmouth 110-71 Wednesday night, with Jordan finishing with 16 points and 4 assist.

The Bulls kept their national rank intact, beating Dartmouth 110-71 Wednesday night at Alumni Arena.

The No.22 Buffalo (4-0) was aided by three big performances from senior forward Nick Perkins, junior guard Davonta Jordan and sophomore guard Jayvon Graves. Perkins led the trio in points and rebounds, finishing with 18 points and 10 rebounds. Graves and Jordan finished with a combined 32 points and 10 assists. Buffalo scored 55 points in each half, while holding Dartmouth to less than 40 in each.

Buffalo took an early 15-0 lead in the first, while Dartmouth (3-2) struggled to find consistent baskets. Buffalo kept on pace for the rest of the of the game, finishing 45-of-76 from the field. The Bulls held a 55-39 lead by the half, with Jordan leading in points for Buffalo with 12.

Buffalo came out in the second and expanded its lead to 75-48, with continued offensive and defensive efforts from Graves, Jordan and Perkins. Buffalo would hold on to its lead with tight defense and solid performances from the bench and starters. The Bulls took the game halfway through the second, pouring out offense that Dartmouth couldn’t keep up with.

Dartmouth’s freshman guard Ian Sistare led the team and had a team-high of 18 points Tuesday. Buffalo finished with five players scoring over double digits.

The Bulls play next on Saturday, in a road game against the Marist Red Foxes (1-3).

Thomas Zafonte can be reached at thomas.zafonte@ubspectrum.com 

THOMAS ZAFONTE

Thomas Zafonte is a senior English major. He is a UB sports fan and enjoys traveling around Buffalo. 

Tom.jpg