Arrest made in hit-and-run collision at Hadley Village

UPD arrests student responsible for collision

University police made an arrest in the Nov. 1 hit-and-run collision Friday, roughly two weeks after the driver sent a 20-year-old student to the hospital in critical condition. 

UPD arrested Hannah Christensen, 20, a student from Clifton Park, New York, who lives in an off-campus apartment in Buffalo, according to a UPD press release. Christensen has been charged with leaving the scene of a serious injury accident without reporting, a class E felony.

Renuka Ramanadhan, 20, an accounting major from Singapore, was in critical condition for six days in Erie County Medical Center following the accident at Hadley Village. She is now in stable condition, but it’s unknown if she’s returning to school to finish the semester. 

An anonymous source identified Christensen to police after seeing news reports of the hit-and-run. The source said they knew Christensen said she struck something on campus. UPD obtained a warrant to seize Christensen’s vehicle for evidence collection.

Christensen has been cooperative with police during the investigation. Due to federal privacy laws protecting student academic records, the university cannot confirm or comment on disciplinary actions toward Christensen, according to the release. 

Max Kalnitz is the senior news editor and can be reached at max.kalnitz@ubspectrum.com

@Max_Kalnitz