Police Blotter

Did you make this week’s blotter?

<p></p>

9/27

10:59 a.m: Police responded to a larceny call at Red Jacket Quadrangle. A female student reported that her iPad was possibly stolen two days before from the fourth floor lounge between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. The iPad was in a dark grey case with a clear back.

12:33 p.m.: Police responded to a hit and run at 3500 Bailey Ave. in the Sherman parking lot. A female student reported that someone struck her vehicle while unattended in the parking lot. There is damage to the driver side as well as white paint transfer.

1:20 p.m.: Students reported a fire inside a garbage can outside of Lockwood Library. Patrol was dispatched and the fire was distinguished. 

5:10 p.m.: A raccoon was sleeping outside the Sherman Annex. Police attempted to make noise and scare it, but the raccoon didn’t move. Police called Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals but the animal climbed into a tree before it could pick it up.

5:16 p.m.: Police responded to a fire alarm at Hadley Village. Upon entering, a student informed police that he had put out a grease fire with water. There was minor char damage to the walls and microwave. 

6:34 p.m.: Police responded to a suspicious persons report at the Gravel lot. Engineering students appeared to be launching their boats off in the lake and they had permission to be there.

10:58 p.m.: Police received a marijuana complaint at Spaulding Quadrangle. Patrol did not find marijuana near the mentioned area.

9/28

3:03 a.m.: Police responded to a lockout at the Fargo Quadrangle. Dispatch notified patrol of the in need of assistance.

11:27 a.m.: A female RA reported that the key box was jimmied open and was unsure if anything was stolen. Police took down the information.

7:43 p.m.: Police received a report of an elevator entrapment in Wilkeson Quadrangle. Three people were trapped in the elevator. The doors eventually opened and they were freed.

9/29

1:18 a.m.: Police responded to a call about a fight between a UB employee and a student at Sizzles. The fight was a verbal altercation that erupted from a non-threatening note being passed back and forth. Police took the information down and no charges were pressed.

2:36 a.m.: Police responded to a report of a reckless driver on Core Road. The driver was reported to have driven over a garbage can and on was on the wrong side of the road. The driver did not wish to speak to police. Police issued a warning to the driver.

2:15 p.m.: Police conducted a welfare check on a tall black male wearing grey sweats in a baseball cap asking the stampede buses for change. The older male was described as being ‘out of it.’ An appearance ticket was issued to the perpetrator.

2:09 a.m.: Dispatch received a report about an alcohol overdose at Dewey Hall. Police responded to the intoxicated 18-year-old male and sent him to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital. He will also receive disciplinary actions from housing.

11:59 a.m.: Police responded to two male roommates in a verbal argument. It did not escalate and information was filed into a report by the police.

9/30

12:02 a.m.: Police were approached by a UB student reporting a possible bicycle larceny. The student said he returned the bike he rented, but noticed he was still being charged for the bike and that it was still checked out and being ridden. Patrol investigated and advised the subject to contact the rental company.

3:43 a.m.: Police responded to a report about a suspicious person. Patrol investigated and confirmed the suspect is of drinking age and all other people in the group did not possess any alcohol.

11:41 a.m.: Police responded to a student in South Lake Village who called and said he had suicidal thoughts. Patrol arrived and medical transport was provided.

7:44 p.m.: Police received information from a UB student regarding a potential bicycle larceny. Two males were seen removing a bike tire from a blue Tacoma bike parked outside of Greiner Hall around 7:30 p.m. Patrol found no one in the are matching the description.