Carissima Cutrona out for year, will miss rest of UB career

<p>Senior forward Carissima Cutrona runs on the pitch. Cutrona suffered a career-ending injury two weeks ago against Eastern Michigan and finishes her career as sixth-overall in points at UB.</p>

Senior forward Carissima Cutrona runs on the pitch. Cutrona suffered a career-ending injury two weeks ago against Eastern Michigan and finishes her career as sixth-overall in points at UB.

UB soccer’s star senior forward Carissima Cutrona is out for the rest of the season after suffering a knee injury against the Eastern Michigan Eagles on Sept. 30.

Cutrona was leading the team in points, goals and assists at the time of her injury. She finishes the season with 24 points, 8 goals and 8 assists. Both points and assists are a career high.

Without Cutrona, the Bulls will need other members of the team to step up and score. It won’t be easy to replace one of the all-time program greats. 

Cutrona grew up just 10 minutes away from UB Stadium in Williamsville and finishes her career as one of the best offensive players in school history. Cutrona ranks sixth in goals with 28, fifth in assists with 18 and sixth in total points with 74. 

Cutrona is the captain for the team and received first-team All Mid-American Conference honors her junior season. Cutrona excelled in the classroom as well and was a three-time Academic All-MAC squad member as a psychology major.

Sports Desk can be reached at sports@ubspectrum.com