‘White Lives Matter’ signs posted throughout UB’s North Campus

“White Lives Matter” signs have been spotted on UB's North Campus and in the Allentown area.

The signs, which are satirical, immediately created a buzz on campus.

The posters are purportedly endorsing incumbent Sheriff Tim Howard. The posters read, “White Lives Matter. The Aryan Resistance is proud to endorse candidate Tim Howard to keep Erie county white.”

There is a link at the bottom of the flyers, where users can donate to the NAACP. The flyers were meant to illustrate purported connections between Sherrif Howard and white supremacist groups.

This incident harkens back to a similar event that took place at UB in 2015. An art student hung “white only” and “black only” signs in front of bathrooms in order to raise awareness about white privilege.

University Police were made aware of the incident around 5:30 p.m. Friday night, according to UB Spokesperson John Della Contrada. Della Contrada said he has just seen one complaint on social media and is trying to locate where the flyers are on campus.

The same flyers are also posted on telephone polls in Allentown.

University Police are investigating the matter.

“Members of the UB community can be assured that racially discriminatory conduct has no place at UB and will not be tolerated,” Della Contrada said.

UB Police ask members of the UB community to report any sightings of the flyers immediately to police at 716-645-2227.

This is a developing story.