​The rundown

This week in UB Athletics

<p>The Bulls blocking a player from the Ball State Cardinals. The Bulls had an uneven 1-1 two game weekend.</p>

The Bulls blocking a player from the Ball State Cardinals. The Bulls had an uneven 1-1 two game weekend.

Women’s soccer (7-8-2, 5-4-1 MAC) vs Ball State

The Bull’s played host to the Ball State Cardinals (9-6-4, 7-1-3 MAC), losing a tight game. The cardinals struck first just before halftime. Senior midfielder Julia Benati was able to tie things up in the seventy-seventh minute. But two minutes later the Cardinals were able to put in what became the game winning goal.

Goalkeeper Laura Dougall set the all-time MAC record during the game with the most minutes played as a keeper, appearing in 7,109 minutes of action.

Women’s soccer (7-8-2, 5-4-1 MAC) vs Miami(OH)

It took overtime to finally score a goal, but the Bulls came through with a win against the Miami (OH) RedHawks (2-13-2, 2-6-2 MAC) to avoid a two-game skid. This pushed the bulls to closer to .500 on the season and above .500 in the MAC. Senior midfielder Moira Petrie scored the lone goal on the Bulls Senior night. The goal came on an assist from sophomore midfielder Kara Daly

Buffalo outshot the RedHawks 26 to five. Buffalo also had nine shots on goals compared to the RedHawks’ three. Senior goalkeeper Laura Dougall had her sixth shutout of the season.

Women’s Volleyball (13-8, 6-4 MAC) vs Central Michigan

The Bulls took a tour through Michigan this weekend, first squaring off with the Central Michigan Chippewas (11-11, 3-7 MAC). They won in a dominating fashion, sweeping the match 3-0. With the win, the Bulls were able to elevate to over .500 in conference play.

Sophomore outside hitter Paulina Prokudina and freshman outside hitter Andrea Mitrovic both finished with double digit kills, with 10 and 13 respectively.

Women’s Volleyball (13-8, 6-4 MAC) vs Eastern Michigan

After beating Central Michigan, the Bulls swept the weekend beating Eastern Michigan Eagles (11-15, 3-7 MAC) easily, 3-0. The bulls are on a roll and they tied a school record with six victories in the MAC on the season.

Freshman outside hitter Andrea Mitrovic brought her weekend total to 26 kills. Senior middle blocker Cassie Shado was second on the Bulls with 10 kills.

Football (3-5, 1-3 MAC)

Traveling to Miami of Ohio, the Bulls came up short against the RedHawks (3-5, 2-2 MAC), losing 24-14. The Bulls have now lost three straight games and have not been able to recover since the loss of starting Quarterback Tyree Jackson.

True Freshman quarterback Kyle Vantrease made his first career start and ended up with 202 yards, two touchdowns, and interception. The Bulls offense was lackluster all night and had their second lowest output of the year.