UB police blotter 10/17-10/23

Did you make this week’s blotter?

<p></p>

10/17

2:10 p.m. A student reported his black, North Face backpack was stolen from the fourth floor of Lockwood Library after he left it unattended for a few minutes. The bag contained a laptop and several notebooks.

10/18

3:58 p.m. Police received a walk-up report of a person “scoping out” computer equipment in Kapoor Hall. Patrol checked the area.

6:27 p.m. A Greiner Hall RA requested police to confiscate “drug paraphernalia.” Patrol arrived at 6:55 p.m. and said the item looked to be used for tobacco.

11:54 p.m. Patrol investigated a suspicious vehicle at Bailey and Winspear Avenue. Patrol observed significant damage to the vehicle’s hood, front end, bumper, windshield and driver’s side front tire. The damage appeared to be fresh, but the operator said it occurred on the I-190 several days prior. Patrol documented the vehicle.

10/19

6:55 a.m. An employee reported damage to a vending machine in Alumni Arena. Police found the machine suffered cosmetic damage only, and the money was not accessed. UB Snacking was advised, and police filed a report.

10/21

11:28 p.m. A student walked into Bissell Hall to report a white Toyota RAV4 with a female screaming inside. The student said the female was hitting the other two passengers. The student stopped to ask if everything was ok, and the female said yes.

10/23

5:23 p.m. A caller was unable to secure the door to Clemens Hall. Tubes used to dry out the rooms from recent flooding prevented the door from being closed. Patrol attempted to secure the door. They were unsuccessful. The door will remain open.

9:46 p.m. A male fled from Governor RAs after they stopped him for trespassing. His female associate was in Clinton Hall and remained uncooperative with the RAs. Patrol confirmed the young man’s description. He was talking to a female in the lounge about music, when RAs approached him and asked to see his ID. The male said he was not a student at UB. He said he would run if the RAs called UPD. The male followed through after the RAs called police. Patrol was unable to locate the male.