Fantasy Foresight: Fantasy football picks for week three

Stagnant offenses make it a tricky week for fantasy teams

<p>Cam Newton looks to be a solid pick in fantasy this week.</p>

Cam Newton looks to be a solid pick in fantasy this week.

It’s week three of the NFL season, and the state of football can be much stronger. Seven teams failed to put up more than ten points in week two, so choosing the right players to have breakout games is crucial. With stagnant offenses, fielding a competitive team this week will be based on match-ups more than ever. Whether you are looking for a week-by-week team to draft or players to be scared of during this week, this is the place for you.

The team of the week will be based on DraftKings.com’s $50,000 team budget and utilize their player pricing. The start versus sit players will be players you can think about grabbing for your weekly picks, to trade for or maybe even grab off the waiver wire this week.

Position Player Price

Quarterback Cam Newton, vs NO $6,600

Running Back Dalvin Cook, @ TB $5,900

Running Back Mike Gillislee, vs HOU $5,700

Wide Receiver DeSean Jackson, @ MIN $4,600

Wide Receiver Michael Crabtree, @ WAS $7,400

Wide Receiver Alshon Jeffery, vs NYG $5,900

Tight End Martellus Bennett, vs GB $4,000

Flex Ty Montgomery, vs CIN $6,900

Defense Philadelphia Eagles, vs NYG $3,000

Start ‘em:

Kareem Hunt, vs LAC

Hunt has been the most dominant running back this season, and it’s not even close. Solidifying the Chiefs backfield makes them possibly the best team in the league. While Hunt is hot, ride the wave. He has the most rushing yards this season and can catch the ball out of the backfield as well as anyone.

The Los Angeles Chargers have played two very close games so far this season against two mid-tier teams. Their defense hasn’t given up more than 24 points. That is about to change. The Chiefs have had an electric offense with Hunt leading the way.

Jared Goff, @ SF

Goff will be a cheaper choice at quarterback and his sophomore season has been nothing like his rookie season. The Rams are clicking after putting up almost fifty points last game. With weapons around him and solid offensive line play, look for Goff to continue his trend upwards.

The 49ers are horrible, not having scored a touchdown to date. The Rams will capitalize on this by maintain possession of the ball and picking off their defense. Having a bad offense is detrimental to a defense no matter how good they are.

Brandin Cooks, @ HOU

Tom Brady has been spreading the love as of late. After a lackluster first game, the Patriots came out firing with three first quarter touchdown throws. Cooks hasn’t been a huge part of the offense but look for that to change this week.

The Texans have a tremendous defense - a constant for the past few seasons. But it just doesn’t matter when facing a team like the Patriots. You can choose what facet of the game to stop but eventually the defense will break down. Cooks will keep working the secondary and have a big day.

Sit ‘em:

Carson Palmer, vs DAL

The AARP is creeping up on Carson Palmer’s career. People are still holding onto his great season a couple years ago. He cannot get the ball down the field consistently and the Cardinals offense has been stagnant this season as a result.

There is no scenario with money that can justify playing Palmer. If you’re desperate, look for someone like Tyrod Taylor or Carson Wentz to hold you over for a week.

Odell Beckham Jr, @ PHI

Beckham has had a bad start to the season so far; not playing in the first game due to injury and having only four catches for 36 yards against Detroit. Eli Manning has been horrendous to start the season, and if he can’t get Beckham the ball there is no point in paying for Beckham.

Beckham hasn’t been himself and against a really good Eagles defense, it would be smart to steer clear of him. The Eagles defense has been good to start the season; grab a receiver like a Michael Crabtree and another asset for the price of Beckham.

Leonard Fournette, vs BAL

During week one, the Jaguars looked to surprise the league, coming out hot both on offense and defense. That all changed in week two. Fournette is going to have a difficult time running or catching the ball without solid quarterback play.

The Ravens have been a surprise this season, allowing only ten total points thus far. Facing two horrible teams help, but the Jaguars are no better than the Browns or Bengals. Look for them to continue their dominance and shut down the Jaguars offense and Fournette. A much better option would be Dalvin Cook.