Bernie Sanders' UB visit delays free student ticket distribution for Kevin Spacey

Students can pick up Spacey tickets with valid student ID on Tuesday

<p>Kevin Spacey (pictured) is set to give his Distinguished Speaker Series talk in Alumni Arena on April 27. Bernie Sanders' rally at Alumni Arena has delayed the free student ticket distribution for Spacey's talk by one day.&nbsp;</p>

Kevin Spacey (pictured) is set to give his Distinguished Speaker Series talk in Alumni Arena on April 27. Bernie Sanders' rally at Alumni Arena has delayed the free student ticket distribution for Spacey's talk by one day. 

Even "President Underwood" is getting a bit overshadowed by Bernie Sanders' visit to UB.

The Democratic presidential candidate's rally, set for Monday in Alumni Arena, has delayed the free student ticket distribution for the April 27 Distinguished Speaker Series talk of actor Kevin Spacey, who stars as President Frank Underwood on Netflix's hit show "House of Cards." 

Students with a valid student ID were supposed to be able to pick up free tickets to Spacey's talk from 5-8 p.m. Monday in Alumni Arena, but Sanders' recently announced rally will take place in the arena at the same time, so ticket distribution has been postponed until Tuesday. Students can pick up Spacey tickets in Alumni Arena from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 5-8 p.m. Tuesday. 

UB's announcement of the ticket delay only cited an "event conflict" as the reason for the postponement. 

Sanders' "A Future to Believe In Rally" is set for 7 p.m. Monday, with doors opening at 4 p.m.

Spacey will speak in Alumni Arena on April 27 at 8 p.m. as part of UB's 29th annual Distinguished Speaker Series.  

Tom Dinki is the editor in chief and can be reached at tom.dinki@ubspectrum.com. Follow him on Twitter at @tomdinki.