Exit polls show Progress Party has early lead after first day of UB Student Association elections

<p>Progress Party's Megan Glander (far left) and Dan Emmons (second from right) campaign in the Student Union&nbsp;Tuesday. <em>The Spectrum</em>'s exit polls show Progress has an early lead after the first day of voting for the Student Association elections.&nbsp;</p>

Progress Party's Megan Glander (far left) and Dan Emmons (second from right) campaign in the Student Union Tuesday. The Spectrum's exit polls show Progress has an early lead after the first day of voting for the Student Association elections. 

The Progress Party has an early lead after the first day of voting for the Student Association elections, according to The Spectrum’s exit polls.

The Spectrum polled 52 students leaving the voting booths in the Student Union Theater Tuesday, and the majority of them say they voted for the three Progress Party candidates in the race for SA president, vice president and treasurer.

Thirty-three of 52 students polled said they voted for Progress Party’s Matt Rivera and Megan Glander for president and vice president, respectively. The other 19 students polled said they voted for the Transparency Party of president candidate Maximillian Budynek and vice president candidate Daniel Christian.

Thirty-two students say they voted for Dan Emmons, also of Progress, for treasurer. In second was Carl Ross of the one-man Empowerment Party, as 15 students polled said they voted for him. Five students polled said they voted for independent treasurer candidate Aaron Hussain.

Here’s a breakdown:

President and vice president

Progress Party (Matt Rivera and Megan Glander) – 33 votes

Transparency Party (Maximillian Budynek and Daniel Christian) – 19 votes

Treasurer

Progress Party (Dan Emmons) – 32 votes

Empowerment Party (Carl Ross) – 15 votes

Aaron Hussain (independent) – 5 votes

Voting will continue in the Student Theater on Wednesday and Thursday. 

Tom Dinki is the editor in chief and can be reached at tom.dinki@ubspectrum.com. Follow him on Twitter at @tomdinki.