Quick Hits: Winter break recap

Sophomore guard Shannon Evans and freshman guard Lamonte Bearden and the Bulls went 7-4, including 3-3 in conference play over the break. Yusong Shi, The Spectrum.

Women’s Basketball (10-8, 3-4 MAC)

The Bulls won their only game of the weekend, defeating Northern Illinois 47-43. Senior forward Kristen Sharkey scored 18 points and grabbed seven rebounds, while senior center Christa Baccas played all 40 minutes. She finished with seven points, eight rebounds, four assists and three blocks.

The next game for the Bulls is on Saturday, when the Bulls travel to Ypsilanti, Michigan to play Eastern Michigan (10-7, 3-3 MAC). Tipoff is at 2:30 p.m.

Wrestling (5-9, 0-4 MAC)

Over the weekend, Buffalo dropped its two events. The first was a 33-12 loss to Old Dominion in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The second was a 24-13 loss to Ohio in Athens, Ohio. Senior Max Soria and freshman Sean Peacock both scored victories for the Bulls.

Buffalo will have a week off before welcoming undefeated No. 3 Missouri (17-0) to Alumni Arena on February 6.

Swimming and Diving

On Saturday, the men and women’s team both lost meets against Eastern Michigan. The men’s team fell 111-187, while the women’s team lost 117-181. Senior Jessica Powers and freshman Megan Burns each won two events on the women’s side, while freshman Itai De La Vega won an individual relay for the men’s team.

Both teams host St. Bonaventure at Alumni Arena on Friday, Jan. 30. The meet is set for 5 p.m.

Women’s Tennis (1-0)

The women’s tennis team opened the 2015 season with a 6-1 victory over St. Bonaventure (0-2). The Bulls won four of the five doubles events and five of the six singles events. Freshmen Tanja Stojanovska and Christine Haraldson and sophomore Margarita Kotok paced the team, winning in both singles and doubles competition.

The Bulls travel to El Paso, Texas to face New Mexico State on Friday.

email: sports@ubspectrum.com