Quick Hits: Women's soccer looks to remain unbeaten; Basketball teams host Bulls Madness

Freshman midfielder Abdulla Al-Kalisy dribbles a ball through the Western Michigan defense.
The Bulls will continue their play on Friday when they take on Bowling Green.  Kainan Guo, The Spectrum
Freshman midfielder Abdulla Al-Kalisy dribbles a ball through the Western Michigan defense. The Bulls will continue their play on Friday when they take on Bowling Green.  Kainan Guo, The Spectrum

Men’s Soccer (3-7-1, 0-0-1 Mid-American Conference)

Buffalo lost 1-0 on the road to Lafayette (5-6-2, 1-3-0 Patriot League) Tuesday night. The Bulls were shutout for the first time since Sept. 27 – their longest stretch without being shutout this season.

The team travels to Bowling Green (9-3, 0-1 MAC) Saturday. It will be the Bulls’ second MAC opponent of the season. The match is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.

Women’s Soccer (8-2-3, 4-0-1 MAC)

Buffalo has not lost a match since Sept. 19. Last Sunday, the team tied Western Michigan (6-4-3, 0-0-1 MAC) 1-1 after two overtimes.

The Bulls look to continue their impressive play when they travel to Central Michigan (3-10-1, 1-5 MAC) Friday and Toledo (5-8-1, 2-4 MAC) Sunday. Friday’s game is set for 4 p.m.

Volleyball (13-7, 3-3 MAC)

Buffalo has lost three of its last four matches, all MAC games. The Bulls look to rebound this weekend when they go on the road play two of the top-three team MAC West, Western Michigan (12-8, 4-2 MAC) and Northern Illinois (13-7, 6-0 MAC). Buffalo’s game against the Broncos Friday begins at 7 p.m. Saturday’s match against the Huskies is set for 8:30 p.m.

Men’s and women’s basketball

The men’s and women’s basketball teams will hold their annual Bulls Madness event Friday to promote the upcoming 2014-15 season. The event takes place in Alumni Arena at 7 p.m. and feature team introductions, scrimmages by both teams, a shooting contest with fans and a slam dunk contest – including former Bulls and Buffalo Bills wide receiver Naaman Roosevelt and current Bills center Eric Wood. There will also be a post-event autograph and photo session with players and coaches from each team