Quick Hits: Volleyball and women's soccer begin MAC competition this weekend

Volleyball (10-4)

The Bulls returned to Alumni Arena this week for the first time since Aug. 31.

Buffalo swept Niagara (4-9) 3-0 Tuesday and will host Bowling Green (3-9) and Miami Ohio (7-5) this weekend to begin conference play.

Junior outside hitter Tahleia Bishop led all players with 14 kills and junior outside hitter Megan Lipski and junior middle blocker Amber Hatchett combined for 15 more. Junior setter Marissa Prinzbach had 31 assists and Lipski and freshman libero Niki Bozinoski each had nine digs.

Friday’s match is set for 7 p.m. and Saturday’s will begin at 7:30. Both contests will be played at Alumni Arena.

Men’s soccer (2-6)

The Bulls travel to Cornell (5-2-1) for their second-to-last nonconference game of the season Saturday. Buffalo dropped its last game 3-0 to Duquesne.

Sophomore midfielder Russell Cicerone has four of Buffalo’s eight goals to begin the season. The game is set for 7 p.m.

Women’s soccer (4-2-1)

Buffalo begins Mid-American Conference competition this weekend with road contests against Kent State (5-2-1) and Ohio (3-5).

The Bulls struggled in conference play last season – totaling a 3-7-1 record and missing postseason play. Sophomore forward Celina Carrero, senior forward Katie Roberts and freshman midfielder Julia Benati have two goals each for the Bulls through seven games.

The Bulls have dropped their previous two matches after opening the season 4-0-1. Friday’s match is set for 4 p.m. and Sunday’s game will begin a 1 p.m.