Quick Hits: Speckman's second no-hitter of season helps softball team claim first-ever MAC East titl

Softball (27-20, 11-5 Mid-American Conference)

The Bulls won their first-ever MAC East regular season championship after sweeping Kent State (24-18, 10-6 MAC) this weekend. Senior pitcher Tori Speckman threw the fourth no-hitter in school history and her second of the season on Saturday in a 9-0, five-inning victory. Speckman is the only Bull to ever throw more than one no-hitter in a career. Speckman delivered another great performance on Sunday, giving up just one run in a 2-1 win.

Buffalo will be the No. 2 seed in the upcoming MAC Tournament - its highest seed in just its third-ever appearance - and face Northern Illinois (22-29, 10-12 MAC) Wednesday at 5 p.m. in Athens, Ohio.

Baseball (21-18, 12-8 MAC)

The Bulls lost two of three against last-place Ohio (10-33, 5-15 MAC) this weekend in Athens, Ohio. After dropping the first game on Friday, 4-3, the Bulls found themselves trailing 5-1 early in the second game. Buffalo's offense emerged, however, and scored nine runs over the final eight innings for a 10-7 victory. Senior pitcher Mike Burke struggled in the final game Sunday, giving up 10 runs on 11 hits - only four of which were earned - in a 14-8 loss.

The Bulls host Niagara (15-24, 8-10 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) for a midweek three-game series. Buffalo will play Tuesday at 6 p.m. before a Wednesday doubleheader beginning at 2 p.m. All games will be at Amherst Audubon Field.

Men's lacrosse (7-7, 1-4 Pioneer Collegiate Lacrosse League)

The Bulls were eliminated from the PCLL playoffs on Friday in Tolland, Conn., after a first-round 6-5 overtime loss to Connecticut (7-6, 3-2 PCLL). Northeastern (10-2, 4-1 PCLL) won the conference championship game with a 12-5 win over New Hampshire (6-6, 3-2 PCLL) Sunday in Providence, R.I.