"Adios, Tchau, Sayonara"

At the end of the 2012 fall semester, I decided to leave The Spectrum. I wanted to try new things and branch out. Little did I know I would be offered the position as Senior Photo Editor after one semester away.

Why did I decide to come back and have more stress during my senior year?

Because as hectic as it can get in the office, the people you meet and the experience you gain from being in 132 Student Union is unforgettable.

My advice to the young people out there is to get involved. Find something that interests you, something that makes you get out of your seat. Getting involved is the best way to make your undergraduate career more interesting. The people you'll meet and the things you'll learn are not things you will get from sitting in class.

Thursday, May 8, 2014, was my last day of classes and last day of production here. My undergraduate career is done, as long as I pass all my classes.

As this chapter in my life comes to an end, I can't help but reflect on my undergraduate career. I started college as a lost pup with no idea what I wanted to do with my life. As a senior, I still have no idea what I want to do with my life.

Just kidding.

This coming fall semester, I'm going to Chicago to start graduate school. As excited as I am, I am also very sad. Graduation is bittersweet. As many of us are ready to venture off into the real world, it is also the moment where we must all say goodbye.

I want to thank everyone who has been in my life the past four years. To my friends and to the haters out there, you all have impacted my life in a good or bad way. I have grown as a person from those experiences, and I appreciate you being a part of my life.

Finally, to my Spectrum family: Thank you for always being there for me. It has been a crazy four years, but it has all been worth it.

So, I guess this is it. Peace out, UB.

email: aline@kobayashi.ubspectrum.com