"What up, Carlos?"

You're praying to the porcelain gods and getting cozy on the bathroom floor all morning. Your headache is pounding through the front of your skull and your stomach is twisting and turning as you go for a roller coaster ride on your couch. And you aren't even going to go outside today because it's way too bright.

I've been there. We all have. We all rode the Stampede home from South Campus, still dressed in the same clothes we had on the night before, hoping and praying that the bus driver would stop pumping the brakes. Your late night U Hots is about to cascade out all over that guy going to the library on a Saturday morning.

It's a long bus ride from South to North Campus after a long night out of hopping around all of the staple spots along Main Street. You even took a trip off Main to a local frat party in between your journey from Mojos to The Steer. But you just had to stop at U Hots before crashing face-first on your best friend's couch. We all know your drunk ass isn't going home with anyone.

But hey, it was a good night and the memories will last forever. You will never forget steering that flat-tired bike into Lake La Salle. You still keep that photo of you shaving UB into your friend's back - you can't let him live that one down. And every now and then, you pull up that video on YouTube where your best friends thought it would be a good idea to take out some mailboxes.

The hangover will only last for a few hours (you hope), but times you shared and the friends that you made will last forever. Who could ever forget the road trip all the way to Panama City, Fla.? The memories you made cannot be taken away from you by anything.

College is a time for experimenting, a time for pushing the limit and a time to see what you are really comfortable handling. It is meant to test you and take you out of your comfort zone.

So take a risk and try something you never thought you would do in a million years. Take a spontaneous road trip, prank your friends and create some lasting memories. Above all, make sure you make the most of every opportunity you can while you are at the University at Buffalo - it will be over before you know it.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself. It wasn't always the best experience here at UB, but I can't complain. I experienced things and met people who have changed my life forever. Thank you to everyone who has helped me find my way through the complex college atmosphere. I am truly grateful. I wish everyone could have a college experience as meaningful as mine.

In the end, some people can handle three beers, while others are face-deep in a funnel, trying to see how much frozen margarita they can really handle. Whether you are a big drinker or you enjoy relaxing on a weekend night, college holds a place in our hearts that no other place will ever be able to take away. These really are the best years of your life.

Email: markus.mccaine@ubspectrum.com