Commercial success

Recapping the funniest advertisements shown Super Bowl Sunday

It has been said that commercials are the best thing about the Super Bowl. And whether you are a football fan or just that friend who comes over to eat all the pigs in a blanket and complain that we aren't watching the Puppy Bowl, we can all find some time to enjoy the endless TV timeouts.

Doritos: The Goat

A man buys a goat that is eating Doritos from a man in a neck brace, and in 30 seconds, the goat turns his life upside down. The goat does not stop eating Doritos, keeping the man up at night, so the man decides h e is going to take all the Doritos away. The goat is not happy and lets out a shriek that is absolutely sidesplitting. The goat goes on a personal vendetta without Doritos and finds the scared man hidden in a room painting a sign: "Goat 4 Sale."

Taco Bell: Live Mas

Old folks escape from the home and go out for a night that would make any 20-something proud. The elderly go clubbing and joy riding and get some fresh ink. They really know how to get down, having the night of their lives and then capping it off with a late-night stop at Taco Bell. The commercial is a reminder that we should all "Live Mas."

Hyundai: Pick Your Team

This commercial is for you if you have ever been bullied. The kid in the commercial has his football taken away by a group of schoolyard bullies. Does he run home crying? No. Instead, he takes it upon himself to hop in his mom's Hyundai and recruit a team of man-children. One kid he picks up is even wrestling a bear. Don't we all wish we had friends like this?

Wheat Thins: Night Vision

A man's wife asks him why he is sitting in the kitchen with night-vision goggles watching his Spicy Buffalo Wheat Thins. The man claims his precious crackers could be stolen by Big Foot, a dog or Ted from next door. The lights go out and commotion ensues. When the lights flick back on, the man is wrestling a Yeti and his neighbor Ted sneaks in and grabs his sacred Wheat Thins.

NFL Network: Leon Sandcastle

Ex-NFL superstar Deon Sanders throws on an afro wig and a mustache and shows up at the NFL combine as "Leon Sandcastle." Apparently, Deon still has it, impressing scouts and NFL personnel all along the way to a first-overall pick in the NFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs. Too bad he didn't fall down the draft board to the Bills.

Email: sports@ubspectrum.com