Weekend in Buffalo

This year Halloween has become a full-fledged, weeklong event. People dressed up last weekend for private Halloween parties, and all week different offices (including our own) have participated in costume parties and Halloween festivities. The holiday spirit is still going strong, thanks to Halloween falling on Hump Day. You don't have to hang up the Big Bird costume just yet, because the entertainment district is still pouring with festivities. It's time to get ready for Halloween weekend take two.

Who: Jekyll & Hyde

Where: Shea's Performing Arts Center

When: Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.

Jekyll & Hyde, The Musical will finally make its stop in Buffalo. The touring company had a four-year run on Broadway in New York City and held numerous worldwide tours for its interpretation of the timeless tale. With a cast including American Idol'sConstantine Maroulis and singer-songwriter Deborah Cox, this is not a play at Shea's you want to miss. Tickets range between $30 and $60, plus tax, and the show will be in Buffalo until Nov. 4.

Who: Buffalo Bar Crawl

Where: Chippewa Street

When: Friday at 10 p.m. to 4 a.m.

The last Bar Crawl was a banger, which means the following Bar Crawl coming up this Friday should be a thriller. Many people have been keeping their real costumes on ice just so they can whip them out while enjoying endless drink specials and belligerently hopping from bar to bar in Buffalo's downtown district. If you don't want to be caught in a long line, pre-sale tickets for Bar Crawl are available online for $10. For those who love to be last minute, day-of tickets cost $15 and your time in line.

What: Buffalo Bites Food Tour

Where:Elmwood Village

When: Friday and Sat. Nov. 3, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

For those of you who still have room in your stomachs after devouring bag upon bag of Halloween candy, the Buffalo Bites Food Tour will be the perfect weekend activity. The tour begins at the intersection of Elmwood and Cleveland Avenues and visits local favorite eateries like the Globe Market and Blue Monk, while giving participants the opportunity to sample some of the best cuisine Buffalo has to offer along the way. Though tickets are a slightly pricey at $42, the three-hour tour will leave everybody full and feeling like they got their money's worth. And, the best part? The tour goes on rain or shine. So even if Sandy wanted to ruin the fun, she can't.

What: Aqueous with SEED and Off Aurora

Where:Nietzsche's

When: Saturday 10 p.m. to 1 a.m.

Aqueous, a local band with a heart for improvisation, is more than just another jam band. The group has quickly gained praise in the local and national scenes, laying down heavy on festivals like moe.down and Sterling Stage. With its new album still airing out from the press, this quartet is ready to bring on the latest and greatest. This will be its first hometown show since the bands's CD release party in September.

SEED, a funk quartet from Connecticut, and locals Off Aurora will open the show. The event is listed as 21+ with tickets priced modestly at $7.