Sunday, April 28, 2024

Spectrum Fantasy Football League Kicks Off

After much smack talk and sports banter, the prestigious Spectrum Fantasy Football League (SFFL) has finally kicked off its inaugural public season.

Ten intrepid Spectrum editors – including many from outside the sports desk – have decided to risk their reputations, their pride, and copious amounts of their free time in search of imaginary football's ultimate prize: office bragging rights.

Week one of SFFL action boasts a full slate of marquee matchups. Assistant Arts Editor Edward Benoit and his dynamic running back duo of Ray Rice and Rashard Mendenhall look to best News Editor Steven Wrobel's Drew Brees-led virtual squad.

Senior Arts Editor Jameson Butler and his fantasy workhorse Adrian Peterson, meanwhile, may very well have their hands full against Editor-in-Chief Matthew Parrino and the explosive Michael Vick.

Spectrum alum Carey Beyer and his terrifying trio of Pro Bowl receivers meet a formidable challenge in Senior Sports Editor Aaron Mansfield's own impressive tandem of Andre Johnson and Mike Wallace.

Editorial Editor James Bowe's deep lineup will be stretched to the limit against Jamaal Charles and the rest of Assistant News Editor John Hugar's championship-hungry group.

Finally, Gregg Jennings will truly have to put the team on his back if James "Twiggernaut" Twigg's team is to stand any chance against Sports Editor Brian "B-Rock" Josephs in the SFFL's first-ever Game of the Week.

"If B-Rock's fantasy football skills are half as bad as his editing skills, I have nothing to worry about," Twigg said.

Focus. Determination. Spectrum Fantasy Football.

Email:sports@ubspectrum.com