NFL Kickoff Predictions

Whether you are a Bills fan, an avid supporter of America's sport, or just seriously into drama, there will be all the football a person can handle this weekend.

Though the season kicked off yesterday with an exciting matchup between the Saints and Packers, this Sunday's lineup is sure to garner the interest of fans nationwide. This weekend's must-watch game is the AFC North battle between rivals Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Expect these teams, boasting two of the best defenses in the league, to come out hitting – making it obvious just how personal the rivalry is.

The quarterback matchup between Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco gives the Steelers the advantage in the contest.

For those local and loyal aficionados, the Bills test their wits this weekend against the AFC's most improved team from 2010 – the Kansas City Chiefs. In the last four meetings between the teams, Buffalo has won three.

The Bills were the worst team in the league last season against the run, so finding a way to contain the league's best rushing tandem – Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones – might be a problem.

Shawne Merriman is looking to re-enact his glory days and make some crucial stops Sunday afternoon.

The Monday Night game to watch is the Patriots against the Dolphins. When Miami goes head-to-head with New England in a matchup that the Patriots are favored to win, expect an aerial showcase from Tom Brady and company.

The rushing abilities of Patriot running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis should be on full display. This should be a great game.

If neither of those games tickle your fancy, then you can at least appreciate when the Cowboys engage the Jets. This is perhaps one of the most even matchups of opening week. The game will feature Plaxico Burress' first game since he shot himself.

With that being said, here's what I predict for Week 1:

• Ravens vs. Steelers

14 - 17

• Bills vs. Chiefs

24 - 34

• Patriots vs. Dolphins

21 - 24

• Jets vs. Cowboys

21 - 17

Other things to look at:

Cam Newton - The highly-touted rookie attempts to rejuvenate the Panthers this year.

Peyton Manning – He will sit out the first game due to his neck injury, ending his starting streak at 227. Kerry Collins will take his place against the Texans.

The Dream Team- With superstar additions, the Eagles are now one of the favored Super Bowl contenders.

Email: andreuis.coleman@ubspectrum.com