"Late Nite UB, CFA, Slee Hall"

Late Night UB, part of UB's Division of Student Affairs, has a mission to provide late-night entertainment for students who wish to have fun in an alcohol-free environment. Many events take place in the Student Union, such as speed dating, a poker tournament, and an event called Sex & Cream that is scheduled for Feb 18th. The complete schedule can be found at latenight.buffalo.edu/events.php.

The Center for the Arts, located on North Campus near Alumni Arena, offers a series of plays, concerts, guest speakers, and exhibits throughout the year. The Zodiaque Dance Company, Drumline, The Comedy of Errors, and a Bruce Springsteen-cover band are performing within the next few months, among many other attractions. A schedule can be found at ubcfa.org/webmodules/event/calendar.aspx.

Another place to go on campus for a taste of culture is Lippes Concert Hall in Slee Hall, right next door to CFA. Lippes offers many music venues and recitals through the year, and more information can be found at slee.buffalo.edu.

The Student Association also hosts a film series throughout the semester in the Student Union Theater. Although the schedule has not yet been posted on the website, the movies typically play on Wednesdays and Thursdays and run at 5, 7:30, and 9:50 p.m. On Friday, the schedule also includes a midnight showing. Admission and popcorn is free, just make sure to arrive early to get a seat.

Finally (but by no means the end of the available activites for a little fun or culture in Buffalo), the UB Center for Student Leadership and Community Engagement hosts the Stay-Up UB Dance Marathon. This is an annual event for charity that occurs each fall semester in the first or second week of November.