Bulls of the Week

Football - senior safety Domonic Cook

Cook started the season as a starting cornerback for the Bulls, but a midseason adjustment moved him over to safety. Cook has made the most of this switch and currently leads all of college football with six interceptions. With an interception in Saturday's game against Miami (Ohio), Cook has been involved in a turnover in five straight games.

Volleyball - freshman middle blocker Carrisa McKenna

McKenna was named the MAC East Defensive Player of the Week for her performance over the weekend. McKenna finished the weekend's matches with 12 blocks. She recorded a career high seven blocks in a loss against Bowling Green on Friday night and added five more on Saturday against Miami (Ohio). Her three solo blocks against Bowling Green matches the team high for the season.

Men's Tennis - junior Wojciech Starakiewicz

Starakiewicz dominated at the Cornell Invitational this past weekend. He did not drop a set over the entire weekend en route to claiming the A-1 singles title with a record of 4-0. In his first match of the tournament, he defeated Duquense's Pete Carpenter by taking the first set (6-3) and forcing Carpenter to bow out of the match. He didn't drop a game in his semifinal match against Cornell's Zhongming Chen (6-0, 6-0). In the final, Starakiewicz swept Cornell's Max Haskin (6-2, 6-4).

Men's Soccer - senior forward Mike Unwin

Unwin was named the Mid-American Conference's co-Player of the Week after scoring the game-winning goal against Florida Atlantic on Sunday. Unwin leads the Bulls with five goals this season. The senior will look to lead the Bulls to a victory on Friday night against Western Michigan at UB Stadium at 7:30 p.m. With a win, Buffalo would clinch the second seed in the MAC playoffs; the Bulls and Broncos are currently tied for second in the conference standings behind No. 1 nationally ranked Akron.

Pro Football - former Bulls quarterback Drew Willy

After a year-plus of trying to find a home in the NFL, which included brief stints with both the Ravens and Colts, Willy finally found a home in the United Football League. Willy is the starting quarterback for the Las Vegas Locomotives, who currently sit on top of the UFL standings with a record of 5-1. Willy and the Locomotives will look to extend their winning streak to six games on Saturday against the Sacramento Mountain Lions at 11 p.m. on Versus.

Former wrestler Parker recognized

The University at Buffalo Division of Athletics and the New Era Cap Co. have teamed up to honor former Buffalo wrestler Jeff Parker, who lost his battle with cancer last May. They have created the Limited Edition Jeff Parker UB 59/50 cap. The limited edition hat is now available for pre-order through the athletics website and will be shipped in early January.