Scouting UConn

2010 Record: 1-2

2009 Record: 8-5 (3-3 Big East Conference)

Last Meeting: Jan. 3, 2009 (International Bowl)

Connecticut 38 Buffalo 20

All-Time Series:

Connecticut leads Buffalo, 13-4

Three Huskies to watch:

RB Jordan Todman- Todman has led Connecticut in rushing in all three games this season, including a career-high 192 yards against Temple. He is ranked fourth in the country in rushing and first in the Big East with an average of 149.3 yards per game. The Bulls defense will have to battle against an experienced offensive line to try to slow him down, forcing quarterback Zach Frazer to make plays.

LB- Lawrence Wilson: Wilson has had a great start to the season: he has had at least six tackles in all three games for the Huskies. He leads a linebacker unit comprised of three seniors, which will look to put extra pressure on quarterback Jerry Davis. With some injuries to the Bulls offensive line, the reserves will have to step in and try to protect Davis.

P- Cole Wagner: The redshirt freshman replaces experienced punter Desi Cullen, who graduated last year. Buffalo special teams should look to throw Wagner off by putting extra pressure on the young punter.

The Bulls will win if… they can play efficiently on both sides of the ball and control the clock. They have to dominate the turnover margin and ifthe defense can contain the Todman, the Bulls may be able to wear the Huskies defense down and put points on the board.

The Huskies will win if… they avoid committing turnovers. The turning point in their loss to Temple was a late turnover that they couldn't recoer from. The Huskies should be less prone to turnovers on their home turf and if they avoid silly mistakes, will be better able to control the clock.

PREDICTIONS

Jerry Davis and the Bulls need to prove that they can play well on the road. After the debacle against Baylor, this will be a good test for Buffalo

However, I think the Huskies rushing attack will be focused on holding onto the ball – much like in the International Bowl where they ran for 358 yards and passed for just 49 – which will make it hard to keep them off the field.

An inexperienced offensive line for Buffalo will have a lot of trouble protecting Davis, who hasn't made good decisions under pressure thus far.

Connecticut- 28

Buffalo- 10

Jacob Laurenti

Sports Editor

The last time the Bulls played on the road, they lost by 28 points. While I think they will compete in this game, I do not see them being able to stop the run.

I expect Jerry Davis to continue to struggle as he works out the kinks and progresses in the spread offense. The defense will keep the Bulls in the game for a while but it won't be enough.

Connecticut- 23

Bulls- 9

Matthew Parrino

Senior Sports Editor