South Park: The Boys Are Back

Grade: A-

Take a seat, pop open your cheesy poofs and get ready, because your four favorite fourth graders are back with a vengeance to continue the 13th season of South Park.

'I See Dead Celebrities,' has immediately created quite a stir in reviews and forums – exactly what creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have intended to do since 1997.

Kyle's little brother, Ike, is having terrible nightmares about the recent overflow of celebrity deaths over the summer. In a scene mocking The Sixth Sense, Ike decides to meet with a psychiatrist as he painfully admits, 'I see dead celebrities.'

Parker and Stone once again do an incredible job of doing what they do best: satirically portraying celebrities in a crude and dark manner. From Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett to TV ad spokesman Billy Mays, Ike can't seem to rid himself of these celebrity ghosts.

Of course, each attempt to cure Ike of his predicament is filled with laughs. From parodies of the show Ghost Hunters and the movie Poltergeist to Cartman's love of Billy Mays's products, this episode is filled with classic South Park moments.

The many celebrity ghosts appearances are one of the highlights of the episode. Parker and Stone turn the sad occurrence of multiple celebrity deaths into a parody for viewers' entertainment. Ghostly versions of Patrick Swayze, Walter Cronkite, Dom DeLuise, David Carradine and others provide non-stop laughs.

No doubt the best part of the show was the ghost of Billy Mays. Parker and Stone create a pitch-perfect caricature of the TV product guru. Even dead, he is still pushing his products like his 'Chipolaway,' which has changed Cartman's life.

This episode was the latest in the series of outrageous yet hysterical plotlines that the show is known for. Parker and Stone continue to go where no other show has gone as they push the boundary further and further.

'I See Dead Celebrities' was a great start to the second half of the season and leaves viewers wondering what the boys will be up to next week.

E-mail: arts@ubspectrum.com