Perspectives on 2009 SA Elections

Alex McCrossen, junior, medicinal chemistry major

Have you voted yet? I haven't voted yet.

Do you plan on voting? I'm not sure if I want to vote yet because I think the campaigns are transparent and I don't know if their promises are going to follow through.

I don't trust them because no one tells you the bad parts about their campaigns and I don't know if the parties are going to do what they say they are going to do, but I am leaning towards Student Voice if I end up voting.

How do you feel about the current student government? I am not impressed with the current student government because no one knows about them or what they do. I think that the student government should be more like Barack Obama in that he not only tells the people what he plans to do, but how and why he plans on doing it.

Marion Carvalho, sophomore, international business major

Did you vote for the SA elections yet? I have not voted yet.

Do you plan on voting? I probably won't because I just transferred here and think that the whole process is overwhelming.

Why do you think it is overwhelming? I don't know the benefits of any of the parties and I don't think that the parties campaigned correctly because you only see the names of the parties and that you should vote for them, but not why.

Brian Long, freshman, business & marketing major

Did you vote yet? I voted for the Student Party because they seemed the most legitimate and the most honest. They seemed to really care about the students and I think that they intend on doing all that they promise to.

What do you think of the current student government? I don't have an established opinion of the government right now, but I think that the administration has more power than the students at UB.

Who is going to win? I believe that Unified will win because they have the most amount of people helping them campaign and more people have heard about them.

Hannat Adenrele, junior, nursing major

Who did you vote for? I voted for both the Student Party and Unified Party.

Why did you vote for two parties? Because the Unified party member was my old roommate.

Who had the best campaign strategy? The Student Party has the best chance of winning because they have been promoting their party on e-Board and have a lot of literature. They have also been going to organizational meetings to get their party known and are trying to get the student body involved as best they can.