Country fried pop

As the April 10 release date of Hannah Montana: The Movie draws closer, so does the next wave of teenybopper songs from America's number one schizophrenic pop star.

The soundtrack to the movie is heavily influenced by teen superstar Miley Cyrus' country background. Accompanying her on the album are several other well-known country celebrities such as Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts and the achy-breaky man himself Billy Ray Cyrus.

Though the album is full of country twang, there is still the distinct pop aspect that has made Hannah Montana the world's biggest faux superstar. With catchy beats and snappy guitar, this soundtrack is as much underage pillow fighting as it is southern sincerity.

Opener "You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home" by Montana at first doesn't seem half bad. Unfortunately, after the first minute the song gets a bit repetitive and annoying, the chorus repeating for what seems to be the hundredth time.

A rather catchy pop tune with some techno elements thrown in, "Let's Get Crazy," also by Montana, is one of the better songs on the album and just may become a guilty pleasure for some.

The first non-Hannah song on the album is "Everything I Want" by Steve Rushton. This England born chap adds a layer of mediocrity to the composition. With unimpressive instrumentals and even less original lyrics, this particular song may be the low point of the entire Hannah Montana: The Movie soundtrack, which is quite an accomplishment.

Cyrus' song "Hoedown Throwdown" is an updated pop version of a traditional southern dance. The song's lyrics are just as original, Cyrus merely listing off the steps to the dance. A few months from now this could actually become the new Macarena at middle school dances across the nation. God help us all.

"Backwards" is an acoustic number by accomplished country band Rascal Flatts. The band sings about country songs in reverse, a funny gag for anyone who's ever heard a country song before.

"You get your house back/ You get your dog back/ You get your best friend Jack back/ You get your truck back/ You get your hair back/ You get your first and second wives back," the band sings.

Though the soundtrack to Cyrus' next cinematic debacle may have its moments, it is still not good enough for anyone above the age of 15 to justify a purchase.