Owens knows best

The Dallas Cowboys have been on vacation for a month now. Nonetheless, America's favorite group of prima donnas continues to grab the attention of the nation during Super Bowl week.

And now, thanks to VH1, Terrell Owens will grace television sets all summer long.

Want to know how the NFL's best drama queen is doing? Lucky for you, Terrell Owens will have his own VH1 reality series over the summer. In a VH1 statement, Owens will "re-examine his personal life" during the series. The series will try to expose Owens as the "quiet, sensitive, mild-mannered guy from Alexander City, Alabama."

It sounds like Tool Academy meets Celebrity Rehab to me.

I can see why VH1 wants Owens on their network. His explosive personality is great for reality TV fans that are entertained by shows like I Love Money. It's not a big risk either, since the series will air during the low rating months of summer.

For T.O., this is just another chapter in his very much-publicized life. This is the kind of attention that Owens thrives on. It'll be a summer-long public notice to 18-34 year olds attempting to expose Owens as a model citizen. It'll give him a chance to fake his "compassionate" and "caring" side to the VH1 world.

It's about time Owens gets his priorities in order. His nonsensical feud with Jason Witten might have caused the Cowboys a playoff birth.

But instead of re-tooling for the upcoming football season and ensuring his team a Super Bowl-caliber season, Owens will be headlining VH1's weeknight schedule along with quality human beings like Bret Michaels.

Would you expect anything else of the Cowboys wide receiver? He has always maintained the same egotistical attitude that he possesses right now. Despite his talent, he causes more headaches for his teammates than opposing cornerbacks.

The fact of the matter is that Owens has won the same amount of Super Bowls as Dick Vitale. There is no doubting of his talent, but Owens is a proven liability. He won't provide the experience, leadership or dedication needed to push a team towards a Super Bowl season.

Yet he remains one of the more hyped players in the nation. Football fans are interested in his life. His loudmouth comments get the same amount of attention as the Presidential Inauguration.

This is why T.O. continues to be T.O. He can get away with his actions because no matter what he does, there will be a group of fans ready to stand by their hero.

He will also maintain a lucrative contract and a team to star on. Although he continues to get bashed by the media and other members of the NFL, Owens can name what team he wants to play for.

NFL teams don't possess the fortitude to actually stand up and reprimand the actions of a star player like Owens. As long as this happens, Owens will continue to wreak havoc on whatever team he's on.