Catch him if you can

???Don't let Ernest Jackson's big smile fool you. Off the field he's a nice guy, but on the field he's a mean competitor willing to do whatever it takes to help his team win.

???Before the senior became a wide receiver, he grew up primarily playing running back. It wasn't until about midway through his high school career that he took up receiving and found his position on the field.

???"As long as I'm touching the ball, it doesn't matter what position I'm playing," he said.

???Jackson not only thrashed football records at Gates-Chili High School, but also left a major impact on the basketball team up until his junior year, switching over to track to improve his speed.

???While many of his records still stand at Gates-Chili, Jackson recognizes that there is one moment that stands out from the rest.

???"My best football moment ever was winning the championship in high school," he said.

???While running backs get more touches in a game, that hasn't stopped Jackson from shining as a Bull. He recorded a team high six receiving touchdowns last year and contributed 645 yards. He's looking to enter the NFL draft next year to pursue a career in professional football. Jackson, however, isn't banking on playing football for the rest of his life.

???"I want to by a psychologist," Jackson said. "I see myself having a family with kids and a nice house."

???Buffalo's academics, campus, closeness to home and exciting social life all compelled the Rochester native to attend school in "The City of Good Neighbors".

???His recent success against Missouri put Jackson in the spotlight, earning him the Mid-American Conference Special Teams Player of the Week award. He returned a kickoff 97 yards for a score, marking only the second return for a touchdown in Buffalo's school history. He recorded all of Buffalo's touchdowns in the game as he added two receiving scores from 32-yards and three-yards.

???After the performance, Jackson got right back to practicing hard for the Bulls next game at Central Michigan.

???Off the field, Jackson is a huge rap fan. While he missed out on Fall Fest's star-studded lineup to play in Saturday's game, he knows it has to be business before pleasure. That, however, is not to say Jackson doesn't know how to have a good time.

???"I work hard, but I know how to enjoy myself," Jackson said. "I think I keep a good balance between the two."

???Returning a kickoff can be a daunting task with 11 players charging viciously at you trying to knock your helmet off, but Jackson has a fearless mentality.

???"I know they're gunning for me, but I never think they're gonna' get me," Jackson said. "They better hit me hard, because I'm coming full speed, scared of nothing."

???He may be 6-feet-2-inches tall and 215 pounds, but Jackson is fast and agile which is a great combination for a football player.

???Back home, Jackson has a group of seven close friends.

???"We like to chill," Jackson said. "We go to movies, play video games and just hang out."

???While in Buffalo, he spends most of his time focused on football and enjoys relaxing with the team on his spare time.

???Though he's from New York where NFL teams come plentiful, Jackson supports the San Francisco 49ers. His love for California stems from his all-time favorite player and future Hall of Famer Jerry Rice. Though he's as athletic as they come, Jackson says that there is one fact that many don't know about him.

???"I really don't watch a lot of sports," he said.

???This year, the Bulls are looking to take first place in the MAC and contend for a bowl game. With players like Jackson on the field, they have the ability to surprise many this year. Coming off his best season, Jackson has a tough act to follow, but he's certainly up for the task.

???