"Snoop Dogg, The Game, and Jadakiss confirmed for Spring Fest"

Grammy award-winning rapper Snoop Dogg and hip-hop artists Jadakiss and The Game have accepted offers to perform at UB's Spring Fest, Student Association officials confirmed Sunday.

Although all three acts accepted offers, Snoop Dogg and The Game are the only two set in stone for the April 30 concert, according to Student Association Vice President Yador. Some contract details still need to be worked out for Jadakiss.

"Snoop and The Game are 100 percent, and I'd say Jada is about 70 to 75 percent," Yador said.

Yador said SA is hoping to score an additional reggae act to add to the lineup, but details have yet to be finalized.

"We didn't want to release anything before because Beenie Man canceled, and we were really hesitant about letting stuff out," Yador said. "We're working on one more reggae artist, but I don't know who yet. I've been asking around and asking some clubs, and some ideas were Elephant Man or a few underground names, but that's kind of all working out right now."

SA President Anthony Burgio, however, said he wants to shoot for another headliner if SA's budget will allow it.

"He (Yador) is going for diversity within the hip-hop genre itself, and he's focused on music differentiation. I want to try adding another headliner," Burgio said.

With the current lineup, Burgio said he's hoping for a sold-out show.

"With these headliners, my goal is to have a sold-out show," Burgio said. "Every year I don't think it can get any better, and I'm excited that SA entertainment keeps outdoing itself."

Since Spring Fest is so late in UB's spring semester, Yador said weather permitting, it will be an outside show.

As usual, the fest will be free for students with a UB ID, but non-UB students will have to pay for tickets.

Snoop Dogg, one of the oldest rappers in the game, had two hit singles, "Drop It Like It's Hot" and "Let's Get Blown," off his most recent November 2004 CD, "Rhythm and Gangsta - The Masterpiece."

Jadakiss' most recent album, "Kiss of Death," released in June 2005, had a few hit singles, including "Times Up," "Why," and "U Make Me Wanna," featuring Mariah Carey. Jadakiss was also featured on the hit single "New York," along with Ja Rule and Fat Joe.

The Game, who recently released his January 2005 CD "The Documentary," has also seen the singles "How We Do," featuring 50 Cent, "Westside," and "Higher" make their way up the charts.