"Music for Dance, Music for Attitude"

MTV's superstar DJ Skribble plays commercial pop, progressive house, hypnotic trance, thumping techno, hip hop beats - whatever vibes the crowd feeds him.

All in one set. 300 times a year.

"(It) depends on the room, the more energy the crowd has, the more I have. Their energy feeds me," said Skribble in a phone interview. "If the room has great energy, the sky's the limit."

DJ Skribble, also known as Scott Ialacci, is the resident DJ of MTV from Long Island and brings his act to Level Feb.20. The moniker "Skribble" comes from his art school days, where he practiced graffiti art.

"I would call my work a 'controlled mess,'" said Skribble.

Skribble spins records on a multitude of MTV shows including TRL, MTV Jams, MTV Spring Break, The Daily Burns and YO! MTV Raps.

"It is the most amazing time," said Skribble. "It is a great experience."

What sets Skribble apart from his counterparts in the competitive industry of performance DJs is his creativity and wisdom.

"I am very creative. I like to work with records and play with the crowds," said Skribble. "My wisdom comes from doing this for a long time. I don't just play one style. I am a jack of all trades and the master of all. I want to be the best overall DJ and hopefully I can. I change like a chameleon."

Besides appearing to millions of people via MTV, Skribble has diversified his repertoire in Billy Irwin's musical, "Hip Hop Wonderland." Skribble has even taken on the role of musical director for the CBS show, "The Cindy Margolis Show."

Playing an assortment of music to a groove-hungry crowd is still his passion.

"I like performing, there is nothing better than the surge of a crowd and to watch the crowd pop like that because of a record you are playing," said Skribble.

Skribble's greatest accomplishments are not the hailstorm of accolades he gets from his critics, or fellow DJs, but the recognition of his fans.

"It happens every other week when a kid comes up to me and tells me 'I became a DJ because of you,'" said Skribble. "I have been very lucky and I thank God for where I am now. My advice is to get into it because you enjoy the music and only hope to make it big."

Skribble recently released his third album, "MDMA Reloaded." The album was a collaborative effort with longtime partner, Anthony Acid, on this house music series, Music for Dance Music for Attitude.

It follows noted compilations like "Essential Spring Break Mix - Summer 2001" and 1998's "MDMA Vol.1" amongst others. This new record features remixes of Bob Marley vs. Funkstar Deluxe, Cher, Moby, and many others.

"It is more global and more mature. It is music to give back to the fans," said Skribble. "It is great to hear something you created in the studios and hear it played in a club."

Besides the records that he has being churning out, Skribble is in the process of releasing a new DVD with MTV called "DJ Skribble Scratch Attack."

Despite playing to overcrowded audiences wherever he stops, no one night is the same. According to Skribble, these amazing parties change every night and not one will be the same.

"If I am playing for a college room, I will play the hottest set I can. If I am performing for an underground hip-hop club, I will play the hardest hip-hop I can. If I am playing at a rave, I will play the craziest music I can," said Skribble.

When questioned about what debaucheries take place at such maniacal occasions, Skribble quipped, "Whatever happens our at parties, stays at our parties."