Women's Voleyball Drops Two Home Contests

Bulls Come Back But Lose Heartbreaker

The UB Bulls volleyball team played courageously, returning from a two-game deficit to win games three and four and force a deciding game five against the Bowling Green Falcons Friday. They finally succumbed to the Falcons by a score of 15-6.

"Everyone played amazing. We had a lot of heart, spirit and even though we lost, we are all excited about the way played tonight," said senior Amelia Liddle.

The Falcons came out blazing, winning the match's first two games by scores of 30-27and 30-21.

UB, however, fought back in games three and four to win 30-28 and 30-27.

The loss drops the Bulls to an overall record of 3-10 (0-5 MAC).

The Bulls were led by sophomore Alexis Bouie, who posted a career-high 17 kills along with two digs.

Liddle was another match standout, recording 11 kills, an assist, an ace serve, and five digs to aid the Bulls' cause. Fellow senior Heather Barfuss contributed with eight kills, two assists, two service aces and 15 digs to keep the team in the match.

From setting position, senior Larissa LaCour played brilliantly to rack up 47 assists to go with her 14 digs, two service aces and three kills.

"We had a lot of energy today and we all wanted today. We are dying for another win. We have the heart, the personnel, but we need a win," said Liddle.

Buffalo Caps Off Weekend With Loss to Miami

Yesterday afternoon, the University at Buffalo's women's volleyball squad suffered another tough loss, falling in four games to the Miami of Ohio RedHawks.

"We played well, there are still things we need to improve on, in order to take our game to the next level," said sophomore Alexis Bouie.

The loss brought the Bulls' record down to 3-11 overall and 0-6 in the Mid-American Conference.

The Bulls came out hungry and ready to avenge their hard fought loss to Bowling Green Friday night. Early in the first game, the Bulls kept pressing but were unable to take a sizable advantage. As the game rolled on both teams traded points until the Redhawks seized a late opportunity and took the first game 30-25.

UB remained competitive in the contest, but Miami picked up the level of play dramatically and swept the final two games 30-27 and 30-21 to seal the victory.

Three Bulls players, Alexis Bouie, Lindsay Matikosh and Wendy Ryder, recorded double-digit numbers in kills. Matikosh, along with senior Larissa LaCour, was one of two players to post double-doubles on the afternoon. Bouie has now recorded 10 or more kills in six of her last eight matches.

The Bulls' next match will be this Tuesday against Colgate at 7 p.m. at Alumni Arena.