Best sex and love podcasts

<p>The logo to <em>Sex Talk with my Mom, </em>hosted by Cam Porter. From Porter’s own podcast to many others, there is a large variety of sex and love podcasts to choose from.</p>

The logo to Sex Talk with my Mom, hosted by Cam Porter. From Porter’s own podcast to many others, there is a large variety of sex and love podcasts to choose from.

You could have all of your sex questions answered while mindlessly walking to class. 

All you have to do is turn off your tired daily mix and let your headphones transport you from the Baldy walkway to a Marvin Gaye music video. Last year brought us some of the best sex podcasts yet, and here are the ones you should be listening to.

1. “How Cum?” By Remy Kassimir

Remy Kassimir, at 28, never had an orgasm. She assumed that women didn’t and it was a miracle if they did. So she dedicated this hilarious comedy podcast to exploring the secret of the “Big O.” 

She invites sex educators, adult film stars, journalists and fellow comedians to talk about topics that range from the experience of having sex with a disability to learning how to climax. The podcast, with 42 episodes, is in its second season and is available on both Spotify and iTunes.

2. “Call Her Daddy” by Barstool Sports

Bloggers Alexandra Cooper and Sofia Franklyn took the internet by storm along with their dedicated “#daddygang” following. Cooper and Franklyn spend 60 minutes every Wednesday giving informative sex and dating advice targeted to college-aged men and women. They exude sex positivity and openly talk about the criticisms and struggles they face by doing so. 

Curious about Facetime sex? Want to learn how to take a nude with integrity? Need advice on how to bring up a possible threesome with your partner? This is the podcast for you.

3. “Guys We F----d” by Corinne Fisher and Krystyna Hutchinson

The self-proclaimed “anti-slut-shaming” podcast, which came out in 2014, is probably the most universal podcast on this list. 

The comedy duo, which operates under the name “Sorry About Last Night,” unapologetically wants to talk about sex with you. Rather than centering around their own experiences, the two regularly host guests. Topics range from sex politics, experiences of the LGBTQ+ community, the culture surrounding sexual assault, polyamorous relationships and their weekly advice-seeking emails. 

With one-to-two-hour episodes, this podcast is a perfect way to bring entertainment back to your boring indoor workouts at Alumni Arena.

4.“Sex Talk With My Mom” by Cam Poter and Karen Lee Porter

Have you ever thought what a non-awkward sex talk would be like with your parents? One without euphemisms, avoidance or demonstrations? Comedian Cam Poter sits with his sexually liberated Mom, Karen Lee Poter, to talk about sex. The Poters question family roles and read 1970s erotic fiction out loud. 

The show, after four years, has grown beyond the confines of a mom-to-son advice podcast, to a complicated exploration of sexual experience.

5.“Modern Love” by WBUR and The New York Times

What is love? “Modern Love,” on the seemingly existential quest to answer the question,  acts as a guide book to help our lonely souls find answers. 

Actors Uma Thurman, Kate Winslet, Jake Gyllenhaal and Kristen Bell have joined host Meghna Chakrabarti in performing essays about love, loss and redemption. The podcast opens up the tough conversations about sexual and nonsexual relationships between people through storytelling. Each episode often feels deeply personal and inviting. 

As the least explicit podcast on this list, “Modern Love” seems to direct us toward more difficult conversations about vulnerability and human connectivity.

6.“Unexpected Fluids” by BBC Radio 1

Each episode of “Unexpected Fluids” begins with an enticing voice warning you how “rude,” “dirty” and “quite sexual” the podcast is going to be. London-based writer Alix Fox and Irish blogger Riyadh Khalaf prove that people from different cultures suffer from the same embarrassing sexual experiences. 

The outrageously funny podcast, which is sometimes a bit too relatable, is an international extension of the “morning-after” chats you have with your roommates. The show finished its second series in December and has promised to be back in “early 2019.”

Leah Higgins is a staff writer and can be reached at features@ubspectrum.com