Police blotter

Did you make this week’s blotter?

11/29

1:45 a.m.: A custodian notified UPD of a homeless woman sleeping in the Flag Room in the Student Union. UPD advised the woman she couldn’t stay there, escorted her out of the building and gave her directions to Harbor House if she needed a place to stay for the remainder of the night. 

3:12 p.m.: A student called UPD regarding a mental health emergency. An ambulance arrived on the scene and UPD filed a report.

3:57 p.m.: A CVS employee called UPD to report a customer who has been repeatedly stealing from the store. She said she had footage of the thief on multiple occasions. UPD filed a report.

7:18 p.m.: A woman notified UPD someone stole her belongings from a locker in the Alumni Arena. UPD took her information and filed a report.

11:29 p.m.: A student reported his phone was stolen from the first floor bathroom of Capen Hall. He received an email that someone tried to unlock the phone, but the device was turned off and he could not track it. 

11:32 p.m.: A caller reported his wallet was stolen from his vehicle in the Hochstetter parking lot. UPD filed a report and the caller later reported he found the wallet. 

11/30

8:04 a.m.: A caller notified UPD of a loose dog in front of Kapoor Hall. UPD determined the black lab was with its owner, but not on a leash. Patrol advised the owner to leash their dog.

8:33 a.m.: UPD checked on a disabled motor vehicle on Millersport Highway while on patrol. UPD assisted the driver.

2:09 p.m.: A student reported his laundry was stolen from the Spaulding laundry room. Patrol met the student and filed a report.

5:16 p.m.: A caller reported his car had been hit in the Governors C parking lot. UPD filed a report and checked surveillance cameras but the location of the vehicle was not visible in the footage.

6:32 p.m.: A student reported someone stole her rug and slippers from her room in Clement Hall. UPD filed a report.

11:56 p.m.: UPD responded to an alcohol overdose report at the Fargo Quadrangle. UPD called an ambulance for the unconscious male student who vomited and smelled like alcohol. UPD transported the student to Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital.

12/02

12:26 a.m.: A caller notified UPD her dog went missing near South Campus. She said the dog was small, brown and white and responds to “Callie.” UPD filed a report.

12:38 a.m.: UPD witnessed a possible hit-and-run at the Lee Loop on camera. UPD determined the victim was skateboarding and fell when the black pickup truck pulled over to ask if they were OK. 

11:05 p.m.: An RA called UPD reporting she was with a victim of harassment via Snapchat. The victim spoke to an officer and UPD filed a report.

News Desk can be reached at News@ubspectrum.com